Friday, April 3, 2009

day 62-365...me


62-365
Originally uploaded by Olivia Williams Photography
Have you ever stopped and really looked at yourself. Not in the critical way, but just looked at yourself. Not your flaws, but things that make you who you are. For me, I sat and thought what makes me, look like me. Then I remembered this drawing my husband and I had done of us while on vacation in Mexico. The guy did a great job, it looked just like my husband, but something just wasn't right with the way I was in the drawing. He didn't draw any of my thousands of freckles. I looked like a complete stranger. My husband even made a comment how if anyone else saw this they would wonder who the hot girl was in the drawing with him. It looked like me but it didn't look 100% like me because of the one thing that stands out about me. My freckles. I once hated all my freckles, thought I had too many, but now I don't hate them. I like them, they make me, me.